Welcome

Welcome to "Fun With Children's Literature", an interactive blog featuring activities to encourage kids to read, write, and illustrate children's books.


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Medieval Lesson for the family

I'm on a trip to Seattle, WA to visit my daughter. I checked out several audio books to listen to in the car. One was Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village by Laura Amy Schlitz.

This book is a series of 22 monologues written by Ms. Schlitz for her students. Each character tells a story about his/her life and are good portraits of what life was like in medieval England. I found it quite fascinating.

This summer as you vacation with your family, listen to audio books to help pass the time. The stories can provide opportunities for family bonding, laughter, discussions and education.

Travel safely.

1 comment:

  1. LIBRARY-TO-GO is filled with download books in all categories. My son and I would listen to science books and discuss the universe on road trips.

    Pod Casts are another way to obtain a wealth of interesting things to listen too.

    ReplyDelete